You might already know that there’s an indirect relationship between magnesium and weight loss. that’s why some people buy magnesium supplements to urge obviate their excess body fats and weight. However, some people are skeptical, and that they don’t believe in, is magnesium related to weight loss
As an individual who wants to take magnesium supplement for weight loss, it’s crucial to understand the connection of magnesium to weight loss let see how.
how to know that you have deficiency of magnesium in your body?
Before knowing other things first of all let see, do you really lack in magnesium in your body. what are the most common symptoms that a magnesium deficient body may observe in him/herself.
- Unexplained weight gain or difficulty keeping weight off.
- Difficulty falling asleep.
- Daytime tiredness
- Irritability or mood swings
If you notice this main reasons that clearly reflects you lack in magnesium.
How can magnesium helps in weight loss?
- Magnesium citrate helps you lose water and stool weight – Magnesium citrate is employed as a stool softener to stay you regular. More importantly, it can help maintain healthy magnesium levels if you’re deficient, which improves hormone balance and increases energy production.
- Lowers insulin resistance – Magnesium has been shown in numerous studies to scale back insulin resistance. When your body becomes immune to insulin it can’t continue with the increased glucose within the bloodstream. This results in weight gain, fatigue and other health complications.
- Boosts cellular energy – Magnesium is critical within the process that creates cellular energy in your mitochondria. Your cells have an energy currency called ATP that provides them the life they have to finish daily tasks. once you don’t have enough magnesium it lowers your ATP production, which causes you to tired and lowers your metabolism.
reduce Depression and improve your mood.
People with depression usually exhibit a change in appetite. Some don’t have the will to eat, while some resort to binge eating. When a depressed individual eats tons , one among the possible results is weight.
Studies found that there’s a link between magnesium deficiency and depression. To add, magnesium also plays an important role in mood enhancement and brain functioning.
A 2017 to 2020 study investigated the connection between depression and magnesium intake on 8894 adults within the US whose age ranged from 46 to 47. They found that the adults that had rock bottom intake of magnesium are 22 percent in danger of this mental issue.
Should You Take a Magnesium Supplement?
Generally, taking magnesium supplements isn’t necessary because this mineral is abundant in several food sources which include:
Soy products(see how soy can improve obesity, cancer, diabetes )
However, studies found that nearly 50 percent of the US population receives below the recommended daily magnesium requirements. As an answer to the present , magnesium supplement intake can help meet these daily requirements.
Side effects of excess of magnesium.
There are only a couple of people affected by side effects due to the excessive magnesium within the body. Commonly, those that suffer from their adverse effects are those who are affected by serious health issues like kidney or heart problems.
Some of the side effects are:
- Muscle weakness
- Loss of appetite
The relationship between magnesium and weight loss is clear due to the several benefits that magnesium offers to one’s health.
Aside from weight loss, magnesium is additionally essential for the creation of latest proteins, repairment of RNA and DNA, regulation of the systema nervosum , and more.
Now, if you’re into weight loss, then taking magnesium supplements regularly can assist you achieve your goal of losing weight.