During this pandemic since 2019 many people lost his family, many were affected but our prestigious health departments has successfully prepares vaccines. As we know there we have few types of vaccines Johnson & Johnson’s Janssen, Moderna, Pfizer-BioNTech, Covaxin, Covishield and some more. Still, many people thinks this vaccine is not trustworthy due to various myths, this is why we will see some common myths of covid 19 vaccine in this article.
1. There is no need for vaccination if person has already suffered from Covid-19 ?
The development of immunity in the body or duration of protection after COVID-19 exposure is unknown. So Covid vaccination is necessary worldwide for each individual. If Covid infection has occurred, the person should await about three months before taking the vaccine, but vaccination is must.
2. Covid-19 vaccine can cause Covid infection ?
A person cannot get infected with COVID-19 from the vaccine because it doesn’t contain the live virus. Instead, it teaches our immune systems the way to recognize and fight the virus. Sometimes this process can cause mild fever, headache, joint pain indicating that the body is building protection against the virus that causes COVID-19.
3. affects the menstrual cycle ?
It has no relation with your cycle and in no way affects it. Other things like stress, changes in diet, exercise can affect your menstrual cycles. Infections can also affect menstrual cycles.
4. You can stop wearing a mask after getting vaccinated against COVID-19 ?
Even after getting vaccinated, people are advised to continue taking all the precautionary measures like wearing mask social distancing, Sanatization because the longevity of the immunity from the vaccine is yet to be ascertained.
5. COVID-19 vaccine alters the DNA ?
COVID-19 vaccines contains messenger RNA (mRNA). mRNA instructs cells to form the “spike protein” found on the new corona-virus. When the system recognizes the said protein, it induces a strong antibody response. Also, mRNA doesn’t enter the nucleus of the cell, and hence, cannot alter the DNA.
6. Which is better Covaxine or Covishield ?
Here it is the most popular doubt of the people across India. Lets clear it in detail by knowing its origin, functioning, side effects and understand the conclusion.
- Made in Hyderabad-based Bharat Biotech
- Uses an inactive version of the virus
- is still on the last scale of study
- Side effects – redness in the arm, pain at the injection site, low-grade temperature, malaise, weakness, headache and vomiting. Depending respectively on how good and strong your immune is.
- Made in The Oxford University-AstraZeneca
- Covishield is widely considered a safe vaccine to use
- passed through complete 3 stages of testing
- Side effects – pain, warmth, itching, bruising, fatigue, chills, fever, nausea and muscle ache.
The number of doses of Covaxin given to the public are much less as compared to Covishield. Only 5-6% of the healthcare workers had received Covaxin, the bulk 94% being Covishield, as per the survey conducted by Association of Medical Consultants recently. Hence, it appears that Covaxin produces less side-effects.
7. All other medications have to be stopped before undergoing vaccination ?
All medications are often continued without interruption before and even after vaccination. However, if there are pre-existing allergies to any medication, the knowledge must be provided to the vaccination centre in order that they will counter-check with the list of constituents and directions of the vaccine.
8. The vaccine is dangerous for those who have heart disease or cancer ?
People who suffer from heart problems or cancer are at much higher risk of getting infected with Covid. Hence, they ought to take the vaccine at the earliest. However, if there are on-going medications, it’s best to consult your doctor for further guidance during this regard.
Mentioned above are the few myths among the people about covid-19 vaccine that you should know and understand the terms properly and hope you got your vaccination or will get your vaccination soon stay safe!