” The keto(ketogenic) diet is high in fat and low in carbs diet that aims to shift the body’s metabolism into burning fat rather than carbs. “
Who should not follow keto diet ?
There are controversies and myths a few keto diet, except for most of the people it appears to be very safe. However, three groups often require special consideration
- If you take medication for diabetes, such as insulin.
- If you take medication for high blood pressure.
- If you breastfeed.
What to eat in keto diet ?
In this diet plan you only have to eat this listed items as this food is high on fat and moderate in protein.
- Low carb Vegetables
- Meat and Poultry
- Coconut Oil
- Greek Yogurt
- Olive Oil
- Nuts and Seeds
- Butter and Cream
- Shirataki Noodles
- Unsweetened Coffee and Tea
- Dark Chocolate and Cocoa Powder
What you should avoid ?
In Keto diet the food needs to be low on carbs and sugar so listed are general food that you should avoid.
- Green Beans
- Bell peppers
- Brussels sprouts
Benefits of keto diet.
Listed are few benefits of ketogenic diet.
How to get in Keto diet.
- Restrict Carbohydrates – 20 grams of carbs per day.
- Eat enough fat.
- Maintain a moderate protein intake – 100 grams of protein per day.
- Avoid snacking – don’t eat if you don’t feel hungry just for fun.
- If necessary, add intermittent fasting.
- Do exercise
- Sleep enough and minimize stress
To get into ketosis, restrict carbs to very low levels, preferably below 20 net carbs per day. That’s a ketogenic diet, and it’s far and away the foremost important thing for ketosis to occur.
How to know you’re in ketosis
Mentioned below are the few symptoms which you may observe when you are in keto diet.
- Dry mouth and increased thirst.
- fruity breath.
- Reduced hunger
- Increased urination
- increased energy.
Note – It is heighly recommended to not follow this diet for long life as this may have adverse effects for your body metabolism. It is very beneficial and healthy plan if you follow this diet plan for a particular period.