Demand of interior designers is growing in India. In the field of architectural engineering many people switch his/her studies towards the field of interior design. Do you know what the interior designers do and how you can accelerate toward this career. Interior Designer Scope, earnings is increasing in India as well in developed countries. The salary offered is really appreciating also, let us explore more about it.
Interior designers are people that add close proximity to architects. they assist in planning out the layout of an institution which may be a house, shopping mall or showrooms, office and the other commercial complex also in such a fashion and beauty that the land at hand is utilised in the most absolute best way.
popular entrance exams you may have to appear for.
- CEED – Common Entrance Examination for Design.
- IIAD Entrance Exam.
These are the few top level exams to enter top colleges across India that you should give. There are many more entrance exams for their respective colleges or universities.
Eligibility criteria – Student must have qualify or passed his class 12th examination with recognize board including physics and mathematics.
Skills that you have to develop
- Ability to deal with technical details
- Ability to work in a team
- Scientific aptitude
- Drawing aptitude
- Analytical mind
- Visual sensitivity
- Colour sense
- Ability to work in a given budget
- Good communication skills
- Knowledge of textures, materials and trends
Top companies and salary offered
Interior designers mostly has their own firm after having a good experience of working. Even their are also various companies like Design in India, Synergy Corporate Interiors, Maps of India, The Karigars, Archdraw Outsourcing and also their are lots of opportunity to work in other developed country if you have more better skills. In India the salary depends on the experience if you are working in anyone’s firm. then your initial salary may vary between 90,000 to 6 lakh per annum and it will rise upto 12 lakh per annum based on the company. If you have your own firm then you can earn even more amount. but it requires a lot of hard work and consistency.
Good colleges and main subjects to study.
Some of the top colleges are where you should study for after 12th.
- IIAD, Delhi
- CEPT University, Ahmedabad
- Pearl Academy
- Amity University, Noida
- Bangalore School of Design, Bangalore
- Arch College of Design & Business, Jaipur
- UID Ahmedabad
- Vogue Institute of Art and Design
- JD Institute of Fashion Technology, Bangalore
- INIFD Mumbai
The core subjects that you have to mainly focus for are – Research Strategies, Architecture, Illustration, Drawing, CAD, Rendering, Communication skills, Design Process, besides, Photography, Presentation and Layouts fundamentals.
Bachelors and masters courses that you may opt .
Bachelor’s course ,
- Bachelor’s in Interior Architecture + BVA in Interior Designing
- BVA in Interiors and Spatial Design
- B.Sc. in Interior Design
- UG Program in Interior Design
- B.Des. in Furniture and Interior Design
- Bachelor of Interior Design
- PG Program in Interior Design and Styling
- MDes in Furniture and Interior Design
- MBA in Interior Designing
- MSc in Interior Design
As discussed above on Interior Designer Scope, company, salary and as mentioned. This data is based on research and YouTube videos and user experience this may be change in future as the growing demand of designers in developed and industrial countries. So keep working and success will definitely hugs you .