This is our first step towards a web development course. Starting with HTML is like making a skeleton of the website. We will see, Boilerplate Of HTML Used For Web Development. html5 boilerplate code html boilerplate shortcut html boilerplate vscode html boilerplate template html full course for front end
What is HTML
- HTML is a standard hypertext markup language for creating web page.
- HTML describes the structure of a web page.
- It consists of a series of elements
- HTML elements tells the browser how to display the content.
Basic Syntax of HTML
<!DOCTYPE html> <html> <head> <title>Page Title</title> </head> <body> <h1>My First Heading</h1> <p>My first paragraph.</p> </body> </html>
Boilerplate of HTML-5 used for web development.
<!DOCTYPE html> <html lang="en"> <head> <meta charset="UTF-8"> <meta http-equiv="X-UA-Compatible" content="IE=edge"> <meta name="viewport" content="width=device-width, initial-scale=1.0"> <title>Learn front end web development</title> </head> <body> <h1>Free Web Development Course by TechInfohelp</h1> <p>I need selection in good company through my this skill</p> </body> </html>
Structure of HTML
- <!DOCTYPE html> : declaration defines that this document is an HTML5 document
- <html> : represents root element of an HTML page
- <html lang = “en”> : It is a language attribute “en” represent English.
- <head> : it contains meta information about the HTML page
- <title> : element specifies a title for the HTML page.
- <body> : element defines the document’s body, and is a container for all the visible contents, such as headings, images, paragraphs, hyperlinks, lists, tables, etc.
- <h1> : defines a large heading
- <p> : defines a paragraph
There are various of meta description we are going to use in web development but the basic meta description that must be used is discussed here.
<meta charset=”UTF-8″> The charset element provides the HTML document’s character encoding.
The UTF-8 character set, which includes practically all of the characters and symbols in the world, is encouraged by the HTML5 standard. which encourages web developers to use the UTF-8 character set!
To tell Microsoft Internet Explorer to use the latest rendering engine ( edge ) we use this meta.
This tells the browser how to change the dimensions and scale of the page. The width=device-width section adjusts the page’s width to match the device’s screen size (which will vary depending on the device).
Use VS Code and install Live Server extension in it. Save your document as “topic.html”.
You can use the short cut key after saving the file with .html
Type ! and press Enter. It automatic writes the Boilerplate.
What we learned today
We have seen the basic structure or syntax for the HTML program which we are going to use in web development. The meta description and its purpose which we have to implement in codes.
Get to the next part what is head and tags in html